Argentina – Before you leave
Argentina is a popular destination for Australian tourists and those on a gap year. If you are planning a trip to Argentina in the coming months you should speak to the Travel Vaccination Clinic doctor about what vaccinations you may need. There are some vaccines, outside of the childhood immunisation schedule, that may be recommended for your trip to Argentina. A yearly flu shot may also be recommended.
The vaccinations the doctor suggests will depend on a few factors, including:
- What time of year you are travelling
- Your current health, any history with diseases and prior vaccinations you have had
- Whether you plan on doing lots of outdoors and adventure activities, such as hiking, caving, mountain climbing or diving
- What style of travel and accommodation you will do, i.e backpacking or 5 star hotels?
- Whether you are moving to Argentina for an extended period or relocating
It is important that you arrange a proper consultation with a doctor at least two months before you plan to leave for Argentina so that they can advise you on what you need and any shots or boosters can be given to you in time.